PostgreSQL Installation

From
db.subscriptions@shepherdhill.biz
Date:
Hi,

Please why is it that we must register at EnterpriseDB and register
each Windows installation of postgreSQL these days?

At times, I need to install on a server that is not on the internet
and have had to bear the pain of configuring a server for internet
before I can install postgreSQL.

Please can't we bypass this or better still, we have a binary that has
no 'strings' attached?

Please let me know.

Chris.

Re: PostgreSQL Installation

From
Dave Page
Date:
> Hi,
>
> Please why is it that we must register at EnterpriseDB and register each
> Windows installation of postgreSQL these days?

There is no requirement to register to use or download PostgreSQL.

--
Dave Page

Re: PostgreSQL Installation

From
"A. Kretschmer"
Date:
> Hi,
>
> Please why is it that we must register at EnterpriseDB and register
> each Windows installation of postgreSQL these days?

That's not true.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
GnuPG: 0x31720C99, 1006 CCB4 A326 1D42 6431  2EB0 389D 1DC2 3172 0C99

Re: PostgreSQL Installation

From
Ashesh Vashi
Date:
You can always download PostgreSQL installer for any supported platform without any registration from http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do.

Please why is it that we must register at EnterpriseDB and register each Windows installation of postgreSQL these days?

At times, I need to install on a server that is not on the internet and have had to bear the pain of configuring a server for internet before I can install postgreSQL.

Please can't we bypass this or better still, we have a binary that has no 'strings' attached?

Please let me know.

Chris.

Thanks.

I think I mistook postgres for postgres-plus.