db cluster location

From
Scott Frankel
Date:
Hi all,

Is there a query I can use to find the location of a db cluster?

I've found a term that looks promising (\d+ pg_database;), but can't
seem to tease a directory path from it.  The docs list several common
locations, but mine doesn't appear to be one of them.

Searching my local file system for "data" yields too many hits for
that approach to be useful.

I installed pg via Macports.

Thanks in advance!
Scott

Re: db cluster location

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Scott Frankel wrote on 21.01.2010 18:34:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a query I can use to find the location of a db cluster?

SELECT name,
        setting
FROM pg_settings
WHERE category = 'File Locations';

You need to be connected as the superuser (usually postgres)

Re: db cluster location

From
Scott Frankel
Date:
Exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!