Is there a messaging system for Postresql

From
"Romeliz Valenciano Jr."
Date:
Hi,

We're evaluating Postgresql for a possible transition from MS SqlServer. We have 100s of MS Sql servers and one way of replicating data changes is to use MQ Series Queue management system, some servers who were recently changed to Sql 2005 are using Service Broker. We're interested if there's an existing messaging system/tool present in Postgresql as well.

Thanks

Re: Is there a messaging system for Postresql

From
Dimitri Fontaine
Date:
"Romeliz Valenciano Jr." <jedi_knyt23@yahoo.com> writes:
> We're evaluating Postgresql for a possible transition from MS
> SqlServer. We have 100s of MS Sql servers and one way of replicating
> data changes is to use MQ Series Queue management system, some servers
> who were recently changed to Sql 2005 are using Service Broker. We're
> interested if there's an existing messaging system/tool present in
> Postgresql as well.

I don't get what your tools are about, but the keywords do ring some
bells. I'd bet Golconde and PGQ could serve you.

  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Skytools
  http://code.google.com/p/golconde/

dim