New PostgreSQL Committers

From
Dave Page
Date:
On behalf of the core team, I'm pleased to announce that the
PostgreSQL Project has expanded it's team of "committers", those
people who are able to make direct changes to the PostgreSQL source
code respository. As the project is extremely conservative about any
changes made to the source code to minimise the risk of introducing
any bugs, commit access is only given to contributors who have
consistently shown they work to a very high standard and have shown
commitment to the project.

The new committers are:

Robert Haas: Robert developed the commitfest.postgresql.org website
which is used to manage the process by which features are added to
PostgreSQL. He has twice acted as commitfest manager, and submitted
numerous patches such as join removal, auto-generation of headers &
bki files and the TRUNCATE privilege.

Simon Riggs: Simon is well know for working on large enterprise
features for PostgreSQL, including Point In Time Recovery and
partitioning. Simon is currently working on allowing PITR slave
servers to be used for read-only queries.

Greg Stark: Greg has worked on low-level features in PostgreSQL,
including asynchronous pre-fetching of data and packed variable length
data types. Greg was also responsible for the CREATE INDEX
CONCURRENTLY feature.

ITAGAKI Takahiro: ITAGAKI-san has worked on countless patches for
PostgreSQL, both fixing bugs and writing new features, recently
including WHEN clauses for triggers, a buffer usage feature for
EXPLAIN and a new implementation of VACUUM FULL.

Congratulations!

--
Dave Page
PostgreSQL Core Team

Re: [HACKERS] New PostgreSQL Committers

From
Jaime Casanova
Date:
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 5:49 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> The new committers are:
>
> Robert Haas
> Simon Riggs
> Greg Stark
> ITAGAKI Takahiro
>
> Congratulations!

+1

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova

Re: [HACKERS] New PostgreSQL Committers

From
"Kevin Grittner"
Date:
Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:
> Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> The new committers are:
>>
>> Robert Haas
>> Simon Riggs
>> Greg Stark
>> ITAGAKI Takahiro
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>

> +1

Outstanding!  Congratulations, all!

-Kevin

Re: [HACKERS] New PostgreSQL Committers

From
Koichi Suzuki
Date:
2009/12/8 Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>:
> Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:
>> Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The new committers are:
>>>
>>> Robert Haas
>>> Simon Riggs
>>> Greg Stark
>>> ITAGAKI Takahiro
>>>
>>> Congratulations!
>>>

>> +1
>
> Outstanding!  Congratulations, all!

+1
Appreciate for their contributions.   Congratulations all!
----
Koichi Suzuki

> -Kevin

Re: [HACKERS] New PostgreSQL Committers

From
"Ross J. Reedstrom"
Date:
On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 10:49:13AM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On behalf of the core team, I'm pleased to announce that the
>
> Congratulations!

+1 Congrats to you all, and thanks for the contributions, both past and
future.

As an aside, this sort of thing is one of the best signs to an external
user of the health of the PostgreSQL project: the 'orderly transfer of
power' as it were. I'm always cautious about adopting a project with a
limited set of core developers (often one) no matter how good the
software.

Ross
--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm@rice.edu
Systems Engineer & Admin, Research Scientist        phone: 713-348-6166

Timothy Crouch

Sent from my iPhone