Error on VACCUM ANALYZE

Hi All,

I am facing the below error when executing “VACCUM ANALYZE” on the several tables and also the entire PostgreSQL database hanging up and not responding.

WARNING:  worker took too long to start; cancelled

I am using PostgreSQL 8.3.5 on windows 32 bit machine.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Error on VACCUM ANALYZE

From
Sam Jas

Is there any other processes running over the same system like antivirus or similar software on the machine?

Have you changed any configuration parameters around the memory size such as shared_buffers?

--
Thanks
Sam Jas