pg_standby instructions

From
akp geek
Date:
Hi All -

              I would like to know if any one has instructions on how
to setup pg_standby, if so can you please share?

Thanks for the help

Regards

Re: pg_standby instructions

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 16:46 -0500, akp geek wrote:
> Hi All -
>
>               I would like to know if any one has instructions on how
> to setup pg_standby, if so can you please share?

If you are on a *nix platform, I would suggest PITRTools which utilizes
pg_standby but gives you a more complete solution. Check out:

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pitrtools

Its BSD licensed.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander

Re: pg_standby instructions

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 16:46 -0500, akp geek wrote:
> Hi All -
>
>               I would like to know if any one has instructions on how
> to setup pg_standby, if so can you please share?

If you are on a *nix platform, I would suggest PITRTools which utilizes
pg_standby but gives you a more complete solution. Check out:

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pitrtools

Its BSD licensed.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander

Re: pg_standby instructions

From
akp geek
Date:
Thanks for the response . I was not able to get back on this.. Our set
up is Solaris. will be there any thing that I can use on Solaris

Regards

Date:
On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 12:14 -0500, akp geek wrote:
> Thanks for the response . I was not able to get back on this.. Our set
> up is Solaris. will be there any thing that I can use on Solaris

They should work on Solaris. It is just Python + Utilities you can
already get (like rsync and ssh).

Date: