Re: Problem to use remote cygwin server using ssh and native psql 8.3.5

From
Jukka Inkeri
Date:
Jukka Inkeri wrote:

> I have installed cycwin and sshd in my Windows server.
>
> I have Winnative psql.exe (8.3.5)
>
> If I use cygwin locally in this server and give command in cygwin session:
> psql -h somehost -U someuser -d somedb
> it works fine
>
> But if i use via ssh same way, then no echo ... and process hang.
>
> I have tested remote ssh and local
>
> Cygwin session
> ssh localhost
> => connect local, ...
> psql -h somehost -U someuser -d somedb
> will hang
>
> Cygwin old native psql 8.2 works, but I like to use newer psql = Win
> native psql.exe
>
> tested using Cygwin 1.5.x and 1.7.x
>
> Ssh tty problem using Windows native psql.exe ?

If I use flag -f in psql, then no problem.

psql -h somehost -U someuser -d somedb -f mysqlcommands.txt
works fine.  Also special -f - = stdin works.

Interactive work not.

Re: Problem to use remote cygwin server using ssh and native psql 8.3.5

From
Sam Mason
Date:
On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 02:25:26PM +0200, Jukka Inkeri wrote:
> Jukka Inkeri wrote:
> >tested using Cygwin 1.5.x and 1.7.x
> >
> >Ssh tty problem using Windows native psql.exe ?
>
> If I use flag -f in psql, then no problem.
  [...]
> Interactive work not.

If I remember correctly it's to do with strange interactions with
the terminal under cygwin.  I think it is actually working, just not
displaying things correctly.  Try typing in a query and exiting, I think
it'll do the "right" thing.  I can't remember what I did to get it
working though.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/