Hi,

I have PostgreSQL 8.4 and I have a database which was created when PostGIS was installed which has the geofunctions within it.

When I try to create a new database it does not include these geofunctions.

How do I include PostGIS geofunctions to a new database after I have already installed PostGIS.

Thanks,

John

--
John J. Mitchell
The simplest trick is to install PostGIS in a blank database and then

Track down the postgis SQL file (either postgis-1.4.sql or
lwpostgis.sql depending on your version).

createlang plpgsql yourdatabase
psql -f lwpostgis.sql -d yourdatabase
psql -f spatial_ref_sys.sql -d yourdatabase