Convert DECIMAL MySql field to PostGre. How?

From
Andre Lopes
Date:
Hi,

I have designed a database using MySql, but now I decided to move to PostGre. I hava decimal fields with DECIMAL(10,6). How to convert this fields to PostGre?

Best Regards,
André.

Re: Convert DECIMAL MySql field to PostGre. How?

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hello

use type NUMERIC(10,6)

Pavel Stehule

p.s. current name of this database is PostgreSQL, shortly Postgres :)

Date:
> 2009/10/11 Andre Lopes <lopes80andre@gmail.com>:
>> I have designed a database using MySql, but now I decided to move to
>> PostGre. I hava decimal fields with DECIMAL(10,6). How to convert this
>> fields to PostGre?

> use type NUMERIC(10,6)

DECIMAL works just fine too; it's an alias for NUMERIC.

            regards, tom lane