Eclipse jdbc postgresql

From
Sheepjxx
Date:
If I want to use postgres with jdbc , I have already download jdbc, do
I need  extra option for compile postgres?--with-java?do I need change
postgres.conf?

 From iTouch.
z3246339@student.unsw.edu.au
xiaoxi@student.unsw.edu.au

Re: Eclipse jdbc postgresql

From
John R Pierce
Sheepjxx wrote:
> If I want to use postgres with jdbc , I have already download jdbc, do
> I need  extra option for compile postgres?--with-java?do I need change
> postgres.conf?

you just need postgres configured so you can connect to it via tcp (as
jdbc doesn't do local domain sockets), and you need the appropriate JDBC
jar file for your environment.

the --with-java stuff is for the pljava support, which is a place i'd
personally never want to go.

Re: Eclipse jdbc postgresql

From
Glyn Astill
Date:
--- On Tue, 1/9/09, Sheepjxx <sheepjxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I want to use postgres with jdbc ,
> I have already download jdbc, do I need  extra option
> for compile postgres?--with-java?do I need change
> postgres.conf?

No, you just need the postgres jdbc driver (jdbc.postgresql.org) in your classpath.

Glyn