Getting listed on "Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools"

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Hi,

I was going through the list of application at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools

and was wondering whom I should contact to get my application listed there as well.

It is a Java based SQL tool (http://www.sql-workbench.net) and supports PostgreSQL (as a matter of fact I do most of
theDBMS independent development agains my local PG database).

I have also seen that some of the listed applications don't seem to be active any longer (PGAccess, Xpg, pginhaler).
Wouldn'tit make sense to clean up a bit there as well?

Cheers
Thomas

Re: Getting listed on "Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools"

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was going through the list of application at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools

> and was wondering whom I should contact to get my application listed
> there as well.
>
> It is a Java based SQL tool (http://www.sql-workbench.net) and supports PostgreSQL (as a matter of fact I do most of
theDBMS independent development agains my local PG database).

> I have also seen that some of the listed applications don't seem to be active any longer (PGAccess, Xpg, pginhaler).
Wouldn'tit make sense to clean up a bit there as well?

I think that page is pretty much unmaintained.  Feel free to add your
product, provided you don't turn it into a marketing opportunity (and be
prepared for others to edit your description).

As far as dead software, I think you should create a section at the end
of the page and move dead projects there.

Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote on 24.08.2009 04:24:
> I think that page is pretty much unmaintained.  Feel free to add your
> product, provided you don't turn it into a marketing opportunity (and be
> prepared for others to edit your description).

Well, as it is a open source project, marketing doesn't really apply here :)

> As far as dead software, I think you should create a section at the end
> of the page and move dead projects there.

How do I get an account to edit the page?

Regards
Thomas

Re: Getting listed on "Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools"

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 24/08/2009 16:47, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> How do I get an account to edit the page?

You just sign up for a community account here:

   http://www.postgresql.org/community/signup

Ray.

rod@iol.ie