Re: Drop Cluster]

From
sweta@opspl.com
Date:
Hi,

> I believe that command is specific to the debian/ubuntu distributions.
>
> in generic postgres, you'd simply stop the server, then delete the
> contents of the $PGDATA directory

I cleared the PGDATA directory like this -->

PGDATA=""
export PGDATA

Still  I get the same error

replconfig.cnf:17: Error: namespace "_replcluster" already exists in
database of node 1

Now what to do????

Regards,
Sweta

Re: Drop Cluster]

From
sweta@opspl.com

>         It seems you are trying to drop a replication cluster, to drop a
> this you have to do as follows:

            Yes it is a replication cluster. I am using Slony to replicate
my 8.1.11 database on CentOS 5.

> connect to the node 1(i.e., Master DB) database, check whether the
> _replcluster schema is already exists or not by giving the command  "/dn"

         this give -->

[root@quirinus pg_log]# su - postgres
-bash-3.2$ /dn
-bash: /dn: No such file or directory
-bash-3.2$ dn
-bash: dn: command not found

 Regards,
 Sweta

Re: Drop Cluster]

From
Abbas

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:11 AM, <sweta@opspl.com> wrote:

>         It seems you are trying to drop a replication cluster, to drop a
> this you have to do as follows:

           Yes it is a replication cluster. I am using Slony to replicate
my 8.1.11 database on CentOS 5.

> connect to the node 1(i.e., Master DB) database, check whether the
> _replcluster schema is already exists or not by giving the command  "/dn"

        this give -->

[root@quirinus pg_log]# su - postgres
-bash-3.2$ /dn
-bash: /dn: No such file or directory
-bash-3.2$ dn
-bash: dn: command not found

Need to fire these commands by connecting to your database.

 Regards,
 Sweta

Re: Drop Cluster

From