How to DB export XML File in PostgreSQL?

From
Steve Choi
Date:
Hello. Thank you for your interesting.

Any person know that how to db export XML file in PostgreSQL?

I use Ver. 8.4 and Operating System Linux. Have a nice day.

Re: How to DB export XML File in PostgreSQL?

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Steve Choi, 16.07.2009 07:43:
> Hello. Thank you for your interesting.
>
> Any person know that how to db export XML file in PostgreSQL?
>
> I use Ver. 8.4 and Operating System Linux. Have a nice day.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Do you want to export the data of your database into a (single?) XML file, or do you want to export XML files that
storedin the database?

Thomas

Date:
Hello. Thank you for your interesting.
Any person know that how to db export XML file in PostgreSQL? I use Ver. 8.4 and Operating System Linux. Have a nice day.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Do you want to export the data of your database into a (single?) XML file, or do you want to export XML files that stored in the database? Thomas

Yeah. I wanna export databse into single XML file. I don't know how can I implement.

For example, I have Car databse. Into the database, Threre are three tables. Engine, Door, Handle.

If I queryed on PostgreSQL, SELECT Item_ID FROM Engine,

I want to export the result to Single XML file. How can I make it? Have a nice day. Thank you for your answer. :)

Re: How to DB export XML File in PostgreSQL?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-xml.html#FUNCTIONS-XML-MAPPING