just curious

From
Filip Rembiałkowski

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Identity_Guidelines say:

"In Japan a turtle logo is used in place of the elephant."Why?

--
Filip Rembiałkowski
JID,mailto:filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com

Re: just curious

From
Dave Page
Date:
2009/6/24 Filip Rembiałkowski <filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com>:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Identity_Guidelines say:
>
> "In Japan a turtle logo is used in place of the elephant."
>
> Why?

I've been told it's because the elephant was a symbol of the Japanese
cult Aum Shinrikyo whose members were behind the sarin gas attacks on
the Tokyo subway.

The turtle was the original logo at Berkeley I believe.

--
Dave Page

Re: just curious

From
Emanuel Calvo Franco
Date:
> I've been told it's because the elephant was a symbol of the Japanese
> cult Aum Shinrikyo whose members were behind the sarin gas attacks on
> the Tokyo subway.

The history behind the logos!  :o

> The turtle was the original logo at Berkeley I believe.

http://www.postgresql.jp/npo/logo/?searchterm=logo

It's no bad...

--
              Emanuel Calvo Franco