Debugger install

From
Marcos Davi Reis
Date:
Hello All,

I did install the pgsql 8.3.7 on Ubuntu 8.04 using apt-get, now i need to install pldebugger (edb-debugger) to write complex stored procedures.
The problem is i didn't use the source code to install the database and the instructions found in the documentation is using postgres source code.

how can i do to instal this utility without the source code?

ps. i'm not an Linux expert nor a DBA, im an application developer!

Tks
Marcos Davi Reis

Re: Debugger install

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
Marcos Davi Reis wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I did install the pgsql 8.3.7 on Ubuntu 8.04 using apt-get, now i need to
> install pldebugger (edb-debugger) to write complex stored procedures.

I can't speak for the debugger specifically as I haven't built/tested
it, but:

In general, you'd install the postgresql-dev-8.3 and
postgresql-server-dev-8.3 packages, which will provide the headers
required to compile libpq programs and programs that plug directly into
the server. You should then be able to build extensions; their build
systems should find PostgreSQL's headers and libraries fine.

--
Craig Ringer