Anyone testing changes to libpq/bcc32.mak?

From
ljb
Date:
There were some recent changes to libpq/bcc32.mak that broke my attempt to
build libpq with the Borland compiler. (OK, not so recent. I've been busy.)
Five new modules were added from ports/: dirent dirmod pgsleep open win32error
I had to removed two, dirent.c and open.c to get the compilation to work.

CVS comment on the changes (Rev 1.30, 1.28.2.1) is:
  "Synchronize Borland libpq makefile to match MSVC.  Backpatch to 8.3.X."

So: Are changes to libpq/bcc32.mak being tested, or just applied assuming they
are correct? Because if they are tested, I'm getting different results and we
need to compare notes. If the changes are not tested, I will submit a patch
that works for me.

Re: Anyone testing changes to libpq/bcc32.mak?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
I don't know that anybody does. We usually get a report a couple of
minor versions in and fix it then, which backs that guess. It's also
not tested by the buildfarm. So I think you can call it semi-
maintained at best.

So if you want to become the maintainer and test/send patches at an
earlier stage, please go right ahead!

/Magnus

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I don't know that anybody does. We usually get a report a couple of
> minor versions in and fix it then, which backs that guess. It's also
> not tested by the buildfarm. So I think you can call it semi-
> maintained at best.
>
> So if you want to become the maintainer and test/send patches at an
> earlier stage, please go right ahead!

Yep, send us the changes and we will blindly apply them.  ;-)

Date:
bruce@momjian.us wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I don't know that anybody does. We usually get a report a couple of
>> minor versions in and fix it then, which backs that guess. It's also
>> not tested by the buildfarm. So I think you can call it semi-
>> maintained at best.
>>
>> So if you want to become the maintainer and test/send patches at an
>> earlier stage, please go right ahead!
>
> Yep, send us the changes and we will blindly apply them.  ;-)

I'll post a patch that restores libpq building with BCC. But, to repeat
from a thread back in Jan 2007, I only test the resulting blibpq.dll
through pgtcl-ng and its test suite. It works for that, but may not work
for anything else. At one point I tried to also build psql with BCC; it
built but didn't work, and I see you removed bin/psql/bcc32.mak now.  So I
think it's best to continue to call libpq/bcc32.mak "semi-maintained at best".