Using PostgreSQL 32bit dlls in 64-bit code?

From
se.stephen@gmail.com
Date:
Hi,

We are considering to use postgreSQL for our 64-bit code development
for Windows XP 64 bit machine.

As 64-bit postgreSQL is not available for Windows, we can only use
postgreSQL's 32bit dlls.  In that case, can we just call postgreSQL's
functions in our 64-bit code?   Or do we need to write a wrapper
around postgreSQL's 32bit dlls somehow?

Any pointer will be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Stephen

Re: Using PostgreSQL 32bit dlls in 64-bit code?

From
John R Pierce
Date:
se.stephen@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are considering to use postgreSQL for our 64-bit code development
> for Windows XP 64 bit machine.
>
> As 64-bit postgreSQL is not available for Windows, we can only use
> postgreSQL's 32bit dlls.  In that case, can we just call postgreSQL's
> functions in our 64-bit code?   Or do we need to write a wrapper
> around postgreSQL's 32bit dlls somehow?
>
> Any pointer will be much appreciated.  Thanks.

you can't call 32bit libraries from 64bits (or visa versa) without going
through all kinda complex data thunking.     you would need a wrapper,
or better, assuming you're coding native libpq calls, recompile libpq
for windows x86_64.   the database server could remain 32bit.