how to use pg_dump to dump tables whose owner is me

From
Roger Chen
Date:
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to do that? I could find that in man page of
pg_dump. Thanks.

Best,
Roger

Re: how to use pg_dump to dump tables whose owner is me

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Roger Chen <roger.edchen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone tell me how to do that? I could find that in man page of
> pg_dump. Thanks.

pg_dump -t table1 -t table2

?

Re: how to use pg_dump to dump tables whose owner is me

From
Roger Chen
Date:
Thanks. If there are many tables owned by me and some other users, are
there any easy ways to do that?

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Roger Chen <roger.edchen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Can anyone tell me how to do that? I could find that in man page of
>> pg_dump. Thanks.
>
> pg_dump -t table1 -t table2
>
> ?

Re: how to use pg_dump to dump tables whose owner is me

From
"A. Rich"
Date:
--- On Tue, 3/3/09, Roger Chen <roger.edchen@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >> Can anyone tell me how to do that? I could find
> that in man page of
> >> pg_dump. Thanks.
> >
> > pg_dump -t table1 -t table2
> >

> Thanks. If there are many tables owned by me and some other
> users, are
> there any easy ways to do that?

I would use psql to query all the tables you own to a file,
using a query like this:

select schemaname || '.' || tablename as to_dump
from pg_tables
where tableowner = 'myuser'

And then use xargs to or similar text tools to generate the pg_dump
command you need.

Re: how to use pg_dump to dump tables whose owner is me

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
I'd put them all into the same schema and dump that.

pg_dump -n schemaname

--
When fascism comes to America, it will be the intolerant selling it as
diversity.