libpq binary format for contrib/cube type?

From
aws
Date:
I'm using libpq with a prepared query, and I'd like to access the
contrib/cube type using the binary format.  The documentation
describes the text format for cubes but doesn't say what the binary
format is.

I glanced at the source code but... its complicated. :) Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks--
Andy.

Re: libpq binary format for contrib/cube type?

Date:
aws <andy.schmeder@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm using libpq with a prepared query, and I'd like to access the
> contrib/cube type using the binary format.  The documentation
> describes the text format for cubes but doesn't say what the binary
> format is.

There isn't one --- contrib/cube doesn't provide send/receive
functions at all.

            regards, tom lane

Re: libpq binary format for contrib/cube type?

From
aws
Date:
OK, I found another way to send the data using the array format and
"cube($1::float8[])".

Thanks!
Andy.