Re: compile of 8.1.15

From
"Chuck Davis"
Date:
I have been trying to install 8.1.14 and 15 and it seems like there is
an infinite loop in the make file.  I do not have the skills to find
it.  Has anyone else had success compiling for Linux with gmake?

Thanks.

Re: compile of 8.1.15

Date:
Chuck Davis wrote:
> I have been trying to install 8.1.14 and 15 and it seems like there is
> an infinite loop in the make file.  I do not have the skills to find
> it.  Has anyone else had success compiling for Linux with gmake?

We certainly used to be able to compile it on every Linux available at
the time.

Re: compile of 8.1.15

Date:
"Chuck Davis" <cjgunzel@gmail.com> writes:
> I have been trying to install 8.1.14 and 15 and it seems like there is
> an infinite loop in the make file.  I do not have the skills to find
> it.  Has anyone else had success compiling for Linux with gmake?

I'll bet lunch your system clock is far in the past (ie, before the mod
date of the source files).

            regards, tom lane

Re: compile of 8.1.15

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 17:37 -0700, Chuck Davis wrote:
> I have been trying to install 8.1.14 and 15 and it seems like there is
> an infinite loop in the make file.  I do not have the skills to find
> it.  Has anyone else had success compiling for Linux with gmake?

Which linux?
WHich gcc?
Which make?

How about a paste of the error itself?