Understanding 8.4 new WITH syntax

From
"Richard Broersma"
Date:
I've seen a few examples about 8.4 Implementation of WITH syntax.

However, I don't fully understand how the various parts of this kind
of query work together as a whole.  Does anyone know of any good
resources that explain it well?

Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: Understanding 8.4 new WITH syntax