pg_hotbackup how to

From
paulo matadr
Date:
I have 3 database in my cluster , and  would make backup online just  one database ,atually i using pg_hotbackup --backupdir=/var/lib/pgsql/backups --datadir=/var/lib/pgsql/data
but this command make a full backup in cluster.
anybody help me!
Tnks
Paulo Moraes

Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.

Re: pg_hotbackup how to

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
paulo matadr wrote:
> I have 3 database in my cluster , and  would make backup online just
>  one database ,atually i using pg_hotbackup
> --backupdir=/var/lib/pgsql/backups --datadir=/var/lib/pgsql/data
> but this command make a full backup in cluster.

All databases share the same write-ahead log files and other
infrastructure, so you can't take a hot backup of just one of them. Back
them all up together, use pg_dump instead, or separate the database of
interest out into a separate cluster.

--
Craig Ringer