postgres/postgis

From
"Eduardo Arévalo"
Date:
hello is campatible install postgresql-8.3.4-1-linux-x64  with postgis-1.3.3.
postgis there for 64-bit architecture??
There are the libraries and proj4 GEOS arqitectura for 64-bit??

Re: postgres/postgis

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Eduardo Arévalo <earevaloch@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello is campatible install postgresql-8.3.4-1-linux-x64  with
> postgis-1.3.3.
> postgis there for 64-bit architecture??
> There are the libraries and proj4 GEOS arqitectura for 64-bit??

You will need to build them yourself from source for use with that
package at the moment. We're working on an installer, but it's not
ready yet.

--
Dave Page

Re: postgres/postgis

From
"Brent Wood"
Date:
You might try the Geo repository for OpenSUSE.

This includes builds in 32 & 64 bit for several other distros as well as
OpenSUSE for the GIS related applications, but you will probably need to
compile Postgres (that version) from scratch.

Which is unfortunate, as the default build by compiling Postgres puts
files in different places than the standard RPM packages, so if you do
compile Postgres, you may also be better off compiling
PostGIS/proj/GDAL/GEOS/etc from scratch as well to ensure everything
works together.

The OpenSUSE geo repository is at:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo/

HTH,

   Brent Wood

Brent Wood
DBA/GIS consultant
NIWA, Wellington
New Zealand
>>> "Eduardo Arévalo" <earevaloch@gmail.com> 10/07/08 6:34 AM >>>
hello is campatible install postgresql-8.3.4-1-linux-x64  with
postgis-1.3.3.
postgis there for 64-bit architecture??
There are the libraries and proj4 GEOS arqitectura for 64-bit??

Re: postgres/postgis

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 09:26 -0500, Eduardo Arévalo wrote:
> hello is campatible install postgresql-8.3.4-1-linux-x64  with
> postgis-1.3.3.
> postgis there for 64-bit architecture??
> There are the libraries and proj4 GEOS arqitectura for 64-bit??

For which distro? Many distros has these stuff in their repositories.

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
                   http://www.gunduz.org

Attachment

Re: postgres/postgis

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 09:23 -0500, Eduardo Arévalo wrote:
> distro Centos 5.2 x64

Since you want to use 8.3 IIRC, then, run:

rpm -Uvh \
http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/reporpms/8.3/pgdg-centos-8.3-4.noarch.rpm

and then use yum to install GeOS, PostGIS and PostgreSQL 8.3.4. All have
64-bit support. I am the maintainer of this repository.

For details, you may want to visit:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org

Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
                   http://www.gunduz.org