Stop trigger fireing for a specific user?

From
Glyn Astill
Date:
I've a trigger written in C and I want to stop it fireing for a specific user. Is ther any way to do this outside of
theC code in the trigger function?

The only way I can think so far is to do a select SESSION_USER in the trigger function and skip the action if it
matchedmy user.

Re: Stop trigger fireing for a specific user?

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Glyn Astill wrote:
> I've a trigger written in C and I want to stop it fireing for a
> specific user. Is ther any way to do this outside of the C code in
> the trigger function?
>
> The only way I can think so far is to do a select SESSION_USER in the
> trigger function and skip the action if it matched my user.

That's exactly it. I'm not sure it will ever be a built-in feature,
everyone's requirements will be slightly different.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Re: Stop trigger fireing for a specific user?

From
Glyn Astill
> From: Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>

> > The only way I can think so far is to do a select
> SESSION_USER in the
> > trigger function and skip the action if it matched my
> user.
>
> That's exactly it. I'm not sure it will ever be a
> built-in feature,
> everyone's requirements will be slightly different.

Cool, thanks Richard