Windows ODBC Driver

From
"Greg Lindstrom"
Date:
Hello,

I would like to connect to Postgres from Python running on a Windows box.  I need the ODBC driver to create a windows ODBC datasource.  I've been looking for two days and have found lots of dead links, but no drivers.  Can someone please help me locate a driver so I can connect?

Thanks,
--greg

Re: Windows ODBC Driver

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
Greg,

* Greg Lindstrom (gslindstrom@gmail.com) wrote:
> I would like to connect to Postgres from Python running on a Windows box.  I
> need the ODBC driver to create a windows ODBC datasource.  I've been looking
> for two days and have found lots of dead links, but no drivers.  Can someone
> please help me locate a driver so I can connect?

I would guess this is what you're looking for?:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/

    Enjoy,

        Stephen

Attachment

Re: Windows ODBC Driver

From
"Dave Page"
Date:

--
Dave Page

Re: Windows ODBC Driver

From
"Alan Scott"
Date:
I installed PostGres Adv Server locally from enterprisedb.com and had everything needed to create an ODBC connection for our data modeling tools...

I would like to connect to Postgres from Python running on a Windows box.  I need the ODBC driver to create a windows ODBC datasource.  I've been looking for two days and have found lots of dead links, but no drivers.  Can someone please help me locate a driver so I can connect?

Thanks,
--greg

Re: Windows ODBC Driver

From
"Dann Corbit"

Commercial Windows & Unix based PostgreSQL ODBC drivers:

http://www.connx.com

http://www.openlinksw.com

For the Mac:

http://www.actualtechnologies.com/product_opensourcedatabases.php

Free:

http://pgfoundry.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=310

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/

I would like to connect to Postgres from Python running on a Windows box.  I need the ODBC driver to create a windows ODBC datasource.  I've been looking for two days and have found lots of dead links, but no drivers.  Can someone please help me locate a driver so I can connect?

Thanks,
--greg

Re: Windows ODBC Driver

From
Bill Todd
Date:
Stephen Frost wrote:
Greg,

* Greg Lindstrom (gslindstrom@gmail.com) wrote:
I would like to connect to Postgres from Python running on a Windows box.  I
need the ODBC driver to create a windows ODBC datasource.  I've been looking
for two days and have found lots of dead links, but no drivers.  Can someone
please help me locate a driver so I can connect?
I would guess this is what you're looking for?:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/
Enjoy,
	Stephen
FWIW I cannot get the ODBC driver to work correctly with ADO and the OLE DB provider for ODBC. It sees TEXT fields as VARCHAR instead of LONGVARCHAR. I do not know if the problem is at the ODBC level or the ADO level but test carefully if you are going to use TEXT fields.

Bill

Re: Windows ODBC Driver

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
* Bill Todd (pg@dbginc.com) wrote:
> FWIW I cannot get the ODBC driver to work correctly with ADO and the OLE
> DB provider for ODBC. It sees TEXT fields as VARCHAR instead of
> LONGVARCHAR. I do not know if the problem is at the ODBC level or the
> ADO level but test carefully if you are going to use TEXT fields.

There's an option in the ODBC configuration settings to flip that back
and forth, I believe...  'Text as LongVarChar'.

    Stephen

Attachment

Re: Windows ODBC Driver

From
Bill Todd
Date:
Stephen Frost wrote:
* Bill Todd (pg@dbginc.com) wrote:
FWIW I cannot get the ODBC driver to work correctly with ADO and the OLE
DB provider for ODBC. It sees TEXT fields as VARCHAR instead of
LONGVARCHAR. I do not know if the problem is at the ODBC level or the
ADO level but test carefully if you are going to use TEXT fields.
There's an option in the ODBC configuration settings to flip that back
and forth, I believe...  'Text as LongVarChar'.
Stephen
Been there, done that, does not work.<g> The only way I could get a text field to be treated as LongVarChar was to check UnknownAsLongVarChar and when I do that both VarChar and Text columns are treated as LongVarChar.

Bill