Server installation problem using freebsd ports

From
"Mohd Fahadullah"
Date:
Hi,

This might be a very small problem but I am stuck. When I try to
install postgresql server 8.3.3 on freebsd using ports, I am getting -
  "postgresql-server-8.3.3 cannot install: unknown PostgreSQL version:
83"
I was able to install client. This has something to do with pgsql_ver.
What's wrong here?

Thanks

Server installation problem using freebsd ports

From
"Mohd Fahadullah"

This might be a very small problem but I am stuck. When I try to install postgresql server 8.3.3 on freebsd using ports, I am getting -
 "postgresql-server-8.3.3 cannot install: unknown PostgreSQL version: 83"
There was no issue with client. This has something to do with pgsql_ver. What's wrong here?

Thanks

Re: Server installation problem using freebsd ports

From
"Artis Caune"
Date:
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Mohd Fahadullah <fahadullah@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This might be a very small problem but I am stuck. When I try to install
> postgresql server 8.3.3 on freebsd using ports, I am getting -
>  "postgresql-server-8.3.3 cannot install: unknown PostgreSQL version: 83"
> I was able to install client. This has something to do with pgsql_ver.
> What's wrong here?
>
> Thanks

Hi,

update your ports tree (cvsup/portsnap) and try again.
If not working, show your /etc/make.conf

p.s. this is FreeBSD specific question and should go to freebsd-questions@

--
regards,
Artis Caune

<----. CCNA
<----|====================
<----' didii FreeBSD

Re: Server installation problem using freebsd ports

From
Bill Moran
Date:

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Mohd Fahadullah <fahadullah@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This might be a very small problem but I am stuck. When I try to install
> > postgresql server 8.3.3 on freebsd using ports, I am getting -
> >  "postgresql-server-8.3.3 cannot install: unknown PostgreSQL version: 83"
> > I was able to install client. This has something to do with pgsql_ver.
> > What's wrong here?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Hi,
>
> update your ports tree (cvsup/portsnap) and try again.
> If not working, show your /etc/make.conf
>

> p.s. this is FreeBSD specific question and should go to freebsd-questions@

Or freebsd-ports, but either way it's working fine for me here on
FreeBSD 6 with PG 8.3 port from a recent ports tree.  It's likely
something out of sync or otherwise hosed in your ports or your
make.conf.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

Re: Server installation problem using freebsd ports

From
"Mohd Fahadullah"
Date:
Thanks, it was a freebsd ports problem. Sorry for sending it on this list.