refcursor

From
"mike stanton"

Hello all,
I've got a problem I can't get round. I want to declare a refcursor variable in a  C program and call a function which returns a refcursor portal to the main C program.
When I compile the C program, I get a refcursor doesn´t exist message. Has anyone got a  C program which uses a refcursor variable?
Hope you can help.

Cheers
Mike Stanton, Santiago Chile

Michael Stanton W.
Depto. Informática

Re: refcursor

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
mike stanton escribió:

> Hello all,
> I've got a problem I can't get round. I want to declare a refcursor variable in a  C program and call a function
whichreturns a refcursor portal to the main C program.
> When I compile the C program, I get a refcursor doesn´t exist message.
> Has anyone got a  C program which uses a refcursor variable?

Make sure the C program opens a transaction before calling the function,
otherwise the cursor is automatically closed as soon as the function ends.

--
Alvaro Herrera        Valdivia, Chile           Geotag: -39,815 -73,257
"Ah, spring... when a young penguin's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of ...