ADO/ODBC returns TEXT fields as Varchar, not LongVarChar

From
"Bill"
Date:
I am new to PostgreSQL and running 8.3  on Windows. I am connecting
using ADO and the ODBC driver. My connection string contains
TextAsLongVarchar=1 and MaxLongVarcharSize=65536, however, my TEXT
column is truncated at 255 bytes.

What must I do to get ADO to recognize the TEXT field as a LongVarchar?

--
.Bill.

Re: ADO/ODBC returns TEXT fields as Varchar, not LongVarChar

From
"Bill"
Date:
Further testing has revealed that adding UnknownAsLongVarchar=1 to the
connection string causes ADO to see TEXT fields as LongVarchar but it
also causes all VARCHAR fields of any size to be seen as LongVarChar.

Why is ADO or the ODBC driver seeing all Varchar and Text fields as
type unknown?

--
.Bill.