Delete across 5 Joined tables

From
Fuzzygoth
Date:
Hi,
I am trying to delete a set of related record across the whole
database, In tests I
have managed to delete records from 2 tables using the code below.

DELETE FROM phillipsd.tablea using phillipsd.tableb WHERE tablea.one =
2;

but I need to be able to delete from up to 5 different tables, is
there a quick and
simple way of doing this? can someone post an example?

Cheers
David P

Re: Delete across 5 Joined tables

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 15/08/2008 11:08, Fuzzygoth wrote:

> but I need to be able to delete from up to 5 different tables, is
> there a quick and
> simple way of doing this? can someone post an example?

Just guessing without more detailed information, but are the tables
related one-to-many using foreign keys? If so, when defining the foreign
key you can set the delete to cascade whenever a "master" row is deleted:

alter table foo
   add constraint foo_fk foreign key [...]
   on delete cascade;

...or something like that.