psql tutorial

From
"Porkodi Yesu"
Date:
Sir,
          Please get me PostgreSQL psql tutorial.

With regards,
P.Yesu

Re: psql tutorial

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 12/08/2008 17:20, Porkodi Yesu wrote:

> Please get me PostgreSQL psql tutorial.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/app-psql.html

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: psql tutorial

From
"Scott Marlowe"
Date:
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Porkodi Yesu <p.yesu9754@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sir,
>           Please get me PostgreSQL psql tutorial.

honestly, the \? and \h are all you need to get started.  After that
and the docs, if you're not getting something, ask here.  It's pretty
simple, not like oracle or mysql's CLI interface.

Re: psql tutorial

From
Kevin Hunter
Date:
At 11:06a -0400 on Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> [psql is] pretty simple, not like oracle or mysql's CLI interface.

Though I'd substitute 'pretty simple' with 'friendly', let me just say:

"Amen, amen, amen!"

Every time I use either of their CLIs, I sorely miss psql.  Thank you
psql devs, for having a heart and thinking of the command line junkie
wannabes, like me.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Kevin