Howto disable login?

From
"Teemu Juntunen"
Date:
Hi all,

is there some way to disable and enable login in PostgreSQL? I would like to have only local login enabled when the server starts and make some checks before allowing general login.

Best regards and thanks,
Teemu Juntunen

Re: Howto disable login?

From
"Roberts, Jon"

You can using the pg_hba.conf file.  Set the non-local accounts to reject when you start the database.  After you finish your scripts, change the pg_hba.conf file to enable logins and then use pg_ctl reload to enable the new pg_hba.conf file.

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 reject

And then change it to:

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5

Jon