Postgresql Help

From
Monalee Bhandge
Date:
Dear Sir,
I am thinking to shift my software Axbo7.1 (see
http://axbo.co.in/ )
to postgresql from mysql.
I have Suse 10.2 operating system in my organization.I
install version 8.1.5-13 successfuly.
but when I start server as------------>
pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
then error is----------------->
postmaster started.
Could not open directory "base" No such file or
directory.

If you can't help then give any of address from whom I
can get help.

MOnalee Bhandge.
Database Administrator.
Sungrace Infotech.

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Re: Postgresql Help

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
Monalee Bhandge wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> I am thinking to shift my software Axbo7.1 (see
> http://axbo.co.in/ )
> to postgresql from mysql.
> I have Suse 10.2 operating system in my organization.I
> install version 8.1.5-13 successfuly.
> but when I start server as------------>
> pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
> then error is----------------->
> postmaster started.
> Could not open directory "base" No such file or
> directory.
>
> If you can't help then give any of address from whom I
> can get help.

Usually when you install PostgreSQL as part of a package for a Linux
distro it will configure a database for you. You should stop, start, and
restart PostgreSQL through the init scripts the distro provides for you
in /etc/init.d/ , not using pg_ctl .

--
Craig Ringer

Re: Postgresql Help

From
Aarni Ruuhimäki
Date:
On Monday 21 April 2008 12:08, Monalee Bhandge wrote:
> pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
> then error is----------------->
> postmaster started.
> Could not open directory "base" No such file or
> directory.

Hi,

Did you initdb in that location ?

Best regards,