Design suggestion of multiple databases vs multiple schemas within the database

From
"Swaminathan Saikumar"
Date:
I am building a web app with Postgres, that also uses Drupal with Postgres. I am new to all these frameworks.

There is some data that I'll need to cross-reference between the two databases.

Can I do a cross-schema/catalog join? Or is a cross-database join better?
Are there any gotchas for the cross-schema/cross-database joins that I need to be aware of? Such as when using Shared hosting?

Any suggestions/comments appreciated.

Thanks
On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Swaminathan Saikumar <swami@giveexam.com> wrote:
> I am building a web app with Postgres, that also uses Drupal with Postgres.
> I am new to all these frameworks.
>
> There is some data that I'll need to cross-reference between the two
> databases.
>
> Can I do a cross-schema/catalog join? Or is a cross-database join better?
>  Are there any gotchas for the cross-schema/cross-database joins that I need
> to be aware of? Such as when using Shared hosting?

pgsql doesn't really support cross db queries, so you should use
multiple schemas