Windows 8.3 installer leaves a debug flag on?

From
"Dan Armbrust"
Date:
To follow up on my old thread -

I tested another install of Postgres 8.3.0.1 - and on windows, the
postgresql.conf file has this in it:

shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll'        #
(change requires restart)

I got the impression that that debugger wasn't intended to be enabled,
by default.  It looks like the windows installer is enabling it,
however.

Re: Windows 8.3 installer leaves a debug flag on?

Date:
"Dan Armbrust" <daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com> writes:
> To follow up on my old thread -
> I tested another install of Postgres 8.3.0.1 - and on windows, the
> postgresql.conf file has this in it:

> shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll'        #
> (change requires restart)

> I got the impression that that debugger wasn't intended to be enabled,
> by default.  It looks like the windows installer is enabling it,
> however.

I agree, this does not seem like a wise default.  I'm not sure what the
performance penalty is for having that preloaded, but it's likely not
zero ... and production machines really shouldn't have it installed
anyway.

            regards, tom lane