configure build flags

From
luca.ciciriello@email.it

Hi All.

Anyone knows if rebuilding the postgresql sources with the flag --without-tcl --without-perl in ./configure file
can prevent the correct use of the triggers wrote in plpgsql language?

Wich behaviour I've to expect in postgres using these flags?

Thanks in advance.

Luca

----
Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: clicca qui

Sponsor:
Polizze per vacanze e settimane bianche. Acquista online!
Clicca qui

----
Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: clicca qui

Sponsor:
RILASSATI....NAVIGA CON NOI SU UN MARE DI OFFERTE E NOVITA'!!! www.grandinettisport.com
Clicca qui

Re: configure build flags

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 03:29:31PM +0100, luca.ciciriello@email.it wrote:
> Hi All.
>  Anyone knows if rebuilding the postgresql sources with the flag
> --without-tcl --without-perl in ./configure filecan prevent the correct use
> of the triggers wrote in plpgsql language?

PL/pgSQL has nothing to do with TCL or Perl.  It will make no difference in
that respect.

Re: configure build flags

From
Alban Hertroys
Date:
On Feb 22, 2008, at 3:29 PM, luca.ciciriello@email.it wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> Anyone knows if rebuilding the postgresql sources with the flag --
> without-tcl --without-perl in ./configure file
> can prevent the correct use of the triggers wrote in plpgsql language?
>
> Wich behaviour I've to expect in postgres using these flags?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Luca

That's like asking whether we'd still be able to speak English if you
configure Europe without Latin and Hebrew... Of course you can! ;)

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,47c166b7233091851639626!