postgresql long text column

From
"Josh Harrison"
Date:
Hi
I have a question about postgres long text column values.
How does it handles these long text column values? Does it put all the long text columns values from all the tables in one single place or separately?
Thanks
josh

Re: postgresql long text column

From
"A. Kretschmer"
Date:
am  Wed, dem 26.12.2007, um 10:08:13 -0500 mailte Josh Harrison folgendes:
> Hi
> I have a question about postgres long text column values.
> How does it handles these long text column values? Does it put all the long
> text columns values from all the tables in one single place or separately?

PG use a TOAST-called technique.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/storage-toast.html

Andreas
--