Dump/Restore Large Object OID

From
Norberto Delle
Date:
Hi all

If I don't use the --oids option when dumping a database with pg_dump,
can I assure that the "loid" field of the pg_largeobject table will keep
it's value when restoring?

Thanks in advance

Norberto

Re: Dump/Restore Large Object OID

From
"Gurjeet Singh"
Date:
Why not give it a try once? Dump and restore once and see for yourself. You'd have done that by now, but if you haven't do give it a try instead of waiting any more. You may learn a thing or two in the process...

Best regards,
--
gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com

EnterpriseDB      http://www.enterprisedb.com

17° 29' 34.37"N,   78° 30' 59.76"E - Hyderabad
18° 32' 57.25"N,   73° 56' 25.42"E - Pune
37° 47' 19.72"N, 122° 24' 1.69" W - San Francisco *

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device

If I don't use the --oids option when dumping a database with pg_dump,
can I assure that the "loid" field of the pg_largeobject table will keep
it's value when restoring?

Thanks in advance

Norberto

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Dump/Restore Large Object OID

From
Norberto Delle
Date:
Gurjeet Singh wrote:
 cite="mid:65937bea0712011949o7c6888bel8c020f21a116756c@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">Why not
give it a try once? Dump and restore once and see for yourself. You'd
have done that by now, but if you haven't do give it a try instead of
waiting any more. You may learn a thing or two in the process...

  On 11/29/07, <b
 class="gmail_sendername">Norberto Delle <<a
 moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:betodelle@gmail.com">betodelle@gmail.com>
wrote:

 style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">Hi
all

If I don't use the --oids option when dumping a database with pg_dump,

can I assure that the "loid" field of the pg_largeobject table will keep
it's value when restoring?

Of course, I already done that. I'm using pgAdmin to make database
backups\restores, without checking the "With OIDs" option and it
works well for the most of the cases. But sometimes referenced large
objects are not found after the restore, that's is why I'm asking.

Date: