PIPELINED Functions

From
Cesar Alvarez
Date:
Hello every one,
im working in a proyect that uses Oracle 10g, and nice concept i learn
is the PIPELINED functions and Functions that return a Table,
is there something alike in Postgres?

Attachment

Re: PIPELINED Functions

From
Reg Me Please
Date:
Il Friday 09 November 2007 16:06:34 Cesar Alvarez ha scritto:
> Hello every one,
> im working in a proyect that uses Oracle 10g, and nice concept i learn
> is the PIPELINED functions and Functions that return a Table,
> is there something alike in Postgres?

You do have functions returning set of rows.

I have no idea about pipelined functions.

--
Reg me Please

Re: PIPELINED Functions

From
Cesar Alvarez
Date:
Reg Me Please wrote:
im working in a proyect that uses Oracle 10g, and nice concept i learn
is the PIPELINED functions and Functions that return a Table,
is there something alike in Postgres?
You do have functions returning set of rows.

I have no idea about pipelined functions.

the Pipelined is the statement so the functions knows he is returning rows.
Attachment

Re: PIPELINED Functions

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 09/11/2007 15:32, Cesar Alvarez wrote:
> the Pipelined is the statement so the functions knows he is returning rows.

Yes, you can write functions returning rows in pl/pgsql - see the docs,
specifically the RETURN NEXT statement. Then the syntax is:

select * from my_function();

- the function takes the place of a table in the SELECT statement.

HTH

Ray.

rod@iol.ie