Updated .vim file

From
Decibel!
Date:
Does anyone have a .vim file that takes dollar quoting into account?
I've tried the one mentioned at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-04/msg01266.php , but
it doesn't appear to understand dollar quotes.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org

Re: Updated .vim file

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 01:58:29PM -0500, Decibel! wrote:
> Does anyone have a .vim file that takes dollar quoting into account?
> I've tried the one mentioned at
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-04/msg01266.php , but
> it doesn't appear to understand dollar quotes.

The magic appears to be something like:

:syn match pgsqlMyMatch /\$\$.\{.}\$\$/

The real regex would look a lot hairier for arbitrary legal dollar
quoting constructs, but if you standardize on something like what's
below, it should be easier.

Cheers,
David.

CREATE [OR REPLACE] FUNCTION foo(
    input,
    params,
    here,
    [OUT put_params_here,
    ...]
)
RETURNS [SETOF] SOMETYPE
[IMMUTABLE]
[STRICT]
LANGUAGE plbar
AS $[STUFF]$
$[STUFF]$;

Remember to vote!

Re: Updated .vim file

From
"Filip Rembiałkowski"
Date:
2007/10/30, Decibel! <decibel@decibel.org>:
> Does anyone have a .vim file that takes dollar quoting into account?
> I've tried the one mentioned at
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-04/msg01266.php , but
> it doesn't appear to understand dollar quotes.

dollar quoting is mostly used for function bodies.
would you like to have them all in StringConstantColor? :)
I like it more as it is now in Vim...

--
Filip Rembiałkowski

Re: Updated .vim file

From
Decibel!
Date:
On Oct 31, 2007, at 9:33 AM, Filip Rembiałkowski wrote:
> 2007/10/30, Decibel! <decibel@decibel.org>:
>> Does anyone have a .vim file that takes dollar quoting into account?
>> I've tried the one mentioned at
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-04/
>> msg01266.php , but
>> it doesn't appear to understand dollar quotes.
>
> dollar quoting is mostly used for function bodies.
> would you like to have them all in StringConstantColor? :)
> I like it more as it is now in Vim...

Ugh. Yeah, good point. What I actually want is dollar quoting except
for functions. Just catching '$$' would suffice for most of it...
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org