roopal oswal
Date:
Hi all,
Initially i installed postgresql 8.2.5 for my Dspace software..everything was fine.. but all of sudden yeterday while connecting an error popped out sayin server could'nt listen ....i have uninstalled it and reinstalled many a times with different ports and diffferent accounts.. but its still not working.. how do i go ahead..
Regards,
Roopal

Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Join them now.

Re:

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
roopal oswal wrote:
> Hi all, Initially i installed postgresql 8.2.5 for my Dspace
> software..everything was fine.. but all of sudden yeterday while
> connecting an error popped out sayin server could'nt listen ....i
> have uninstalled it and reinstalled many a times with different ports
> and diffferent accounts.. but its still not working.. how do i go
> ahead..

You'll need to provide an actual error message before anyone can give
you any help - "server could'nt listen" isn't something that PostgreSQL
will display. What's the error message, and what's in the logs?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd