PostgreSQL as a backend for Wizcon 9.2

From
Chris Mair
Date:
Hi,

I've been asked whether it's possible to use PostgreSQL as a backend for
Wizcon 9.2. I don't know anything about Wizcon, but I'd like to give an
answer (for PostgreSQL advocacy reasons).

So I'm forwarding the question to this list.

Any clues?

Bye :)
Chris.

Re: PostgreSQL as a backend for Wizcon 9.2

From
"Scott Marlowe"
Date:
On 10/16/07, Chris Mair <chris@1006.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been asked whether it's possible to use PostgreSQL as a backend for
> Wizcon 9.2. I don't know anything about Wizcon, but I'd like to give an
> answer (for PostgreSQL advocacy reasons).
>
> So I'm forwarding the question to this list.

Not one.  I'd ask the folks who write the software is they support
PostgreSQL or not.

Date:
>> I've been asked whether it's possible to use PostgreSQL as a backend for
>> Wizcon 9.2. I don't know anything about Wizcon, but I'd like to give an
>> answer (for PostgreSQL advocacy reasons).
>>
>> So I'm forwarding the question to this list.
>
> Not one.  I'd ask the folks who write the software is they support
> PostgreSQL or not.

Ok,
I've done that just now.

Still, if somebody on the list has first-hand experience with this
(negative or positive), I'd like to know.

Thanks & Bye,

Date:
On 10/16/07, Chris Mair <chris@1006.org> wrote:

> >> I've been asked whether it's possible to use PostgreSQL as a backend for
> >> Wizcon 9.2. I don't know anything about Wizcon, but I'd like to give an
> >> answer (for PostgreSQL advocacy reasons).
> >>
> >> So I'm forwarding the question to this list.
> >
> > Not one.  I'd ask the folks who write the software is they support
> > PostgreSQL or not.
>
> Ok,
> I've done that just now.
>
> Still, if somebody on the list has first-hand experience with this
> (negative or positive), I'd like to know.

It certainly looks like an interesting product.  I'm sure they'd get a
few volunteers to help port it over if it doesn't already support
pgsql.