PostgreSQL and Crystal Report

From
luca.ciciriello@email.it

Hi All.
I've the necessity to use Crystal Report in my C++ project to report (in PDF) some PostgreSQL table.
Any idea how to implement this functionality in my C++ project, or where I can find some useful CR documentation?
All the Crystal Report documentation I found is about VisualBasic or C# API.

Thanks in advance.

Luca.

----
Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: clicca qui

Sponsor:
Prestiti da 1.500 a 30.000 Euro. Clicca qui per un preventivo immediato, richiedi subito l’importo e la rata che desideri, con Prometeo basta un clic!
Clicca qui

Re: PostgreSQL and Crystal Report

From
"Rob Kirkbride"

I've the necessity to use Crystal Report in my C++ project to report (in PDF) some PostgreSQL table.
Any idea how to implement this functionality in my C++ project, or where I can find some useful CR documentation?
All the Crystal Report documentation I found is about VisualBasic or C# API.

Thanks in advance.

Luca.

Luca,

Good luck in getting a license from Crystal Reports. They set us a license which didn't work (gave invalid id error). They spent over a week insisting that the license was valid and us telling them that it didn't. We gave up on them and went to Jasper Reports. In many ways it's a better product. Crystal Reports also couldn't give us assurance that they would support Postgresql.
Jasper works great with it. We are using Jasper Server as well for delivery of our reports and I think it's a great product.

I've used the Java API into Jasper - I've no knowledge of what the C++ API would be like to it though.

Rob

Re: PostgreSQL and Crystal Report

From
Zoltan Boszormenyi
Date:
luca.ciciriello@email.it írta:

> Hi All.
> I've the necessity to use Crystal Report in my C++ project to report
> (in PDF) some PostgreSQL table.
> Any idea how to implement this functionality in my C++ project, or
> where I can find some useful CR documentation?
> All the Crystal Report documentation I found is about VisualBasic or
> C# API.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Luca.

I successfully used Crystal Reports 9 with PostgreSQL via psqlODBC about
2 years ago.

--
Zoltán Böszörményi