Can someone else verify if this is a bug?

From
Tony Caduto
Date:
Hi,
I think there might be a bug in the built in function pg_get_viewdef.

Basically if you have a function in your view SQL like this:

replace(address1, '\r', '')

pg_get_viewdef is returning the view definition with the \r replaced by
it's ASCII code which causes this:

replace(address1, '
','')

The returned def gets a line break where the \r should be.

I have verified this in Lightning Admin and PG Admin III, just wanted a
second opinion.

I apologize if this is already known.

Thanks,

Tony

Re: Can someone else verify if this is a bug?

Date:
Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> writes:
> Basically if you have a function in your view SQL like this:

> replace(address1, '\r', '')

> pg_get_viewdef is returning the view definition with the \r replaced by
> it's ASCII code which causes this:

> replace(address1, '
> ','')

This is not incorrect, if the original was interpreted under
escape-string syntax.  Perhaps you meant to type \\r ?

            regards, tom lane