array for cstring type

From
"Sergey Moroz"
Date:
there is no array for cstring type. I created it manually in pg_type table. It seems to me that it's working fine. Can this cause any problems?
PHP receives data as text. Records are converted to cstring through record_out function. So I just wanted to substitute refcursors/setof records. Can this idea cause any problems?

--
Sincerely,
Sergey Moroz

Re: array for cstring type

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2007 11:22 schrieb Sergey Moroz:
> there is no array for cstring type. I created it manually in pg_type table.
> It seems to me that it's working fine. Can this cause any problems?

The cstring type is not for general use.  Use varchar or text.

--
Peter Eisentraut