Internal Postgre SQL documentation

From
Arthernan
Date:
      I want to learn how a real database works. And I am about to
start reading the Postgre source code.

      Are there any online documents that may document the code? Even
if it was a general guideline.

      Any information will be greatly appreciated.

      Arturo Hernandez

Re: Internal Postgre SQL documentation

From
Cantor
Date:
On Aug 7, 1:26 pm, Arthernan <arther...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>       I want to learn how a real database works. And I am about to
> start reading the Postgre source code.
>
>       Are there any online documents that may document the code? Even
> if it was a general guideline.
>
>       Any information will be greatly appreciated.
>
>       Arturo Hernandez

OK, I did find doc/FAQ_DEV inside the source tree. And it did include
these two links for question "1.6) Where can I learn more about the
code?"

http://www.postgresql.org/developer

http://neilconway.org/talks/hacking/

I think they will keep me busy for some time. And since I already
started a thread, it's an opportinuty to add to the list.

Re: Internal Postgre SQL documentation

From
Tommy Gildseth

http://doxygen.postgresql.org/ is probably usefull too.