Automation using postgres

From
"Jasbinder Singh Bali"
Date:
Hi,

I my system, I am using postgres triggers to launch some unix tools and thus postgres not only serves the purpose of data storage but also works as an engine to automate the whole system. (this is about my system, talking on a broader level )

I just wanted to know if there's any related work in this area so that I can compare my system with already existing systems related to it.

Thanks,
Jas

Re: Automation using postgres

From
Decibel!
Date:
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 11:48:28AM -0400, Jasbinder Singh Bali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I my system, I am using postgres triggers to launch some unix tools and thus
> postgres not only serves the purpose of data storage but also works as an
> engine to automate the whole system. (this is about my system, talking on a
> broader level )
>
> I just wanted to know if there's any related work in this area so that I can
> compare my system with already existing systems related to it.

I think that's pretty rare. You should write something up about what
you're doing and post it, it could be useful info.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org