plperl syntax highlighting for vi

From
Geoffrey
Date:
Has anyone taken a stab at adding plperl syntax highlighting for vi?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin

Re: plperl syntax highlighting for vi

From
Decibel!
Date:
On Jul 30, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Geoffrey wrote:
> Has anyone taken a stab at adding plperl syntax highlighting for vi?

Hrm, not likely. David Fetter might be able to point you at something.

If you come up with something please post it on pgFoundry so that
others can find it! :)
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org

Re: plperl syntax highlighting for vi

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 07:58:14PM -0500, Decibel! wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Geoffrey wrote:
> >Has anyone taken a stab at adding plperl syntax highlighting for
> >vi?
>
> Hrm, not likely. David Fetter might be able to point you at
> something.
>
> If you come up with something please post it on pgFoundry so that
> others can find it! :)

I'm flattered, but I haven't seen anything like that.  I suppose vim's
extensibility might be able to help out. :)

Cheers,
D (there's more than one way to edit it)
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Re: plperl syntax highlighting for vi

Date:
David Fetter wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 07:58:14PM -0500, Decibel! wrote:
> > On Jul 30, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Geoffrey wrote:
> > >Has anyone taken a stab at adding plperl syntax highlighting for
> > >vi?
> >
> > Hrm, not likely. David Fetter might be able to point you at
> > something.
> >
> > If you come up with something please post it on pgFoundry so that
> > others can find it! :)
>
> I'm flattered, but I haven't seen anything like that.  I suppose vim's
> extensibility might be able to help out. :)

Here is a vim version:

    http://www.gunduz.org/postgresql/pgsql.vim

Date:
On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 01:19:06PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
> > >
> > > Hrm, not likely. David Fetter might be able to point you at
> > > something.
> > >
> > > If you come up with something please post it on pgFoundry so that
> > > others can find it! :)
> >
> > I'm flattered, but I haven't seen anything like that.  I suppose vim's
> > extensibility might be able to help out. :)
>
> Here is a vim version:
>
>     http://www.gunduz.org/postgresql/pgsql.vim

That's great for PL/PgSQL.  Maybe there's a way to do it for PL/Perl,
too :)

Cheers,
David.
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Re: plperl syntax highlighting for vi

From
Richard Broersma Jr
Date:
> >     http://www.gunduz.org/postgresql/pgsql.vim
>
> That's great for PL/PgSQL.  Maybe there's a way to do it for PL/Perl,
> too :)

Can anyone point me to a link that shows which file vim conf file need to be configured and how to
configure it to use this above .vim file?

TIA,

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Date:
On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 02:59:41PM -0700, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> > >     http://www.gunduz.org/postgresql/pgsql.vim
> >
> > That's great for PL/PgSQL.  Maybe there's a way to do it for PL/Perl,
> > too :)
>
> Can anyone point me to a link that shows which file vim conf file need to be configured and how to
> configure it to use this above .vim file?

Best way to do it is to have an auto command that recognizes a .pgsql
file and loads that .vim file. You could also put it in
/usr/local/vim/syntax and it'd probably work.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org