pg_resetxlog command not found

From
"Matt Bartolome"
Date:
I am doing some experimentation with a WAL archiving HA setup. I tried
turning to the pg_resetxlog command  after removing some corrupted
files and it is not installed using the ubuntu dapper 8.1 package. How
do I get this command installed, or is there some other way to repair
a database that is missing the pg_xlog directory files? I find it odd
that the pg_resetxlog command is just missing... I have postgres
installed from source on my laptop and it is there.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: pg_resetxlog command not found

From
"Matt Bartolome"
Date:
After poking around some more the command is located in
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/bin/pg_resetxlog on ubuntu.

Date:
"Matt Bartolome" <mattxbart@gmail.com> writes:
> I am doing some experimentation with a WAL archiving HA setup. I tried
> turning to the pg_resetxlog command  after removing some corrupted
> files and it is not installed using the ubuntu dapper 8.1 package.

Maybe they put it in some subpackage you didn't install?  A very long
time ago (7.2 days) it was one of our contrib modules, so it's
conceivable that someone might be packaging it in postgresql-contrib
still.  I didn't think ubuntu was around that long though.  I believe
most packagers these days put it in the -server subpackage.

If they really didn't include it anywhere, get a better Linux distro.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_resetxlog command not found

From
viney
Date:
Is so easy

use pg_config command

sudo apt-get install libpg-dev

use use pg_config command
viney@viney ~ $ pg_config
BINDIR = /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin
DOCDIR = /usr/share/doc/postgresql
HTMLDIR = /usr/share/doc/postgresql
INCLUDEDIR = /usr/include/postgresql
PKGINCLUDEDIR = /usr/include/postgresql
INCLUDEDIR-SERVER = /usr/include/postgresql/9.1/server
LIBDIR = /usr/lib
PKGLIBDIR = /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib
LOCALEDIR = /usr/share/locale
MANDIR = /usr/share/postgresql/9.1/man