is it possible to recover more than one recordset or cursor from a function?

From
"guillermo arias"
Date:
Hello, people, i have a question for you:is it possible to recover more than one recordset or cursor from a function?I
useto do it in ms sql server, but it is a mistery for me in postgre.Thanks Get your FREE, LinuxWaves.com Email
Now!--> http://www.LinuxWaves.comJoin Linux Discussions! --> http://Community.LinuxWaves.com
guillermo arias wrote:
> Hello, people, i have a question for you:
> is it possible to recover more than one recordset or cursor from a function?
> I use to do it in ms sql server, but it is a mistery for me in postgre.

Start here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/xfunc-sql.html#AEN36437

Cheers,
Steve

guillermo arias wrote:

> is it possible to recover more than one recordset or cursor
> from a function?
> I use to do it in ms sql server, but it is a mistery for me
> in postgre.

CREATE FUNCTION returns2cursors(OUT c1 refcursor, OUT c2 refcursor)
LANGUAGE plpgsql AS ....

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

2007/6/18, Albe Laurenz <all@adv.magwien.gv.at>:
> guillermo arias wrote:
> >
> > is it possible to recover more than one recordset or cursor
> > from a function?
> > I use to do it in ms sql server, but it is a mistery for me
> > in postgre.
>
> CREATE FUNCTION returns2cursors(OUT c1 refcursor, OUT c2 refcursor)
> LANGUAGE plpgsql AS ....

or CREATE FUNCTION ... RETURNS SETOF CURSOR
BEGIN
END

you can find notice about it in documentation
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/plpgsql-cursors.html

regards
Pavel Stehule