REMOTE CONNECTION

From
ABHANG RANE
Date:
Hi,
I have installed postgre 8.2.4. I tried to modify the pg_hba.conf and
.conf file for allowing remote connection but it did not work. The
server is a linux machine. I am trying to connect with my laptop by ssh
client. Please may I know what other parameters need to be tweaked. I
get an error like is the server running locally or is it accepting TCP
connections.

Thanks
Abhang

Re: REMOTE CONNECTION

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 06:28:17PM -0400, ABHANG RANE wrote:
> client. Please may I know what other parameters need to be tweaked. I

To begin with, please show us exactly what you're doing.  I don't
know what it is yet.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
        --Dennis Ritchie